If you are a Photoshop user, Actions will make your life easier. If you’re anything like me, even saving the tiniest bit of time while working is a godsend.
This is the action I use to separate my lineart from the background it comes on after scanning it. (All that white.) I prefer my lineart to be on its own layer.
There are a few steps involved, but if you go through this you’ll never have to do it manually again. Under your Actions tab, hit the Record button. Then:
1. Go to Image > Mode, and switch to Grayscale. (Select Don’t Merge, Discard, if it asks you.)
2. Go to Select > Load Selection.
3. Go to Select > Inverse. (OR. Check ‘Inverse’ in the Load Selection prompt on the previous step.)
4. Make a new layer.
5. Hit Shift + F5 to paintbucket. It will fill your new layer with the lineart. Now you could stop here, but if you want to make this a super automated awesome process..
6. Hit CTRL + A to select the entire layer of lineart.
7. Hit CTRL + X to cut out the lineart.
8. Hit CTRL + Z + Alt to back up uh.. I think seven steps. You can see it indicated above. It should bring you back to the state of your piece before you did anything. Meaning, back to RGB if that’s what you scan it in with.
9. Hit CTRL + V to paste the lineart.
10. Stop the recording.
And you’re done! From now on, whenever you scan something in, you can simply hit that button and it does all the work for you. This might be common knowledge for all I know, but I thought it better to share!
- artassistance reblogged this from endling
- namaras-wonderland likes this
- qinni likes this
- saanescorner reblogged this from endling
- damn-nerd likes this
- thingsthatsing likes this
- idlnmclean reblogged this from hi-im-liran and added:
- hi-im-liran reblogged this from awayan
- hi-im-liran likes this
- nogamiryoutarou likes this
- raspberrymango reblogged this from awayan
- awayan reblogged this from azmoe
- shakumba likes this
- atomichavoc likes this
- yirisu likes this
- blueanimestar101 likes this
- kaktuspajj likes this
- measuring-the-marigold reblogged this from saint-rupert
- driftvisuals likes this
- xunnies likes this
- theweirdname likes this
- petite-teacup likes this
- eldritch-pirate likes this
- cknightart likes this
- ofthespeckledband likes this
- steinkind likes this
- mr---comatose likes this
- lestrade-in-the-tardis likes this
- wesweetlegend likes this
- waltzchristophs likes this
- aescpr likes this
- thebirdthatmocks likes this
- horseheaded-fleshwizard likes this
- captainjackhotness reblogged this from bilbosexual
- sirdigbychicken likes this
- land-of-myth-and-a-time-of-magic likes this
- bilbosexual reblogged this from pastlight
- pastlight reblogged this from soasnottolose
- thelalacastle likes this
- harmoniasworkspace reblogged this from artiststoolbox
- emergency-punter likes this
- paintedwren reblogged this from endling
- fates-keeper likes this
- xxmoondropsxx likes this
- littlebunbun likes this
- zephyr-hero likes this
- togkhepri likes this
- orangeinspiration reblogged this from endling
- mydorkishowing likes this
- twitchyteleporter likes this